The Original miniMadMOD60s.com
An Important Legacy EVER EVOLVING HISTORY
Supermodel Secret “A WALK THROUGH FASHION HISTORY WITH THOSE WHO LIVED IT” © 2014
Oral History Initiative – Multi-Media – Project
DOCUMENTARY / TALK SHOW FORMAT
The History of Modeling
The History of Hairdressing
The History of Make-Up and Cosmetics
The History of Couture and Pret a Porter
The History of Fashion and Beauty Photography
The History of Fashion and Beauty Magazines
ALL FEATURED GUESTS ARE ROLE MODELS, ENGAGED IN GIVING BACK, HELPING OTHERS, EDUCATION, WOMEN’S CAUSES, ANIMAL RIGHTS, EQUAL RIGHTS, CHILDREN’S RIGHTS, HELPING THE HOMELESS AND MANY OTHER CHARITIES.
- Oral history is the systematic collection of living people’s testimony about their own experiences. Historians have finally recognized that the memories of everyday people, not just the rich and famous, have historical significance. This projects presents fascinating stories in an attractive talk show setting with Celebrity Hosts and exciting Narrators (Interviewees/Special Guests)
- Memories, such as these, shared by our Model History members, have great importance to society and to the history of art and design. If we do not collect and preserve those memories, those stories, then one day they will disappear forever and younger generations will just have to guess the truth.
- In this Oral History dozens of Fashion and Beauty Icons of the Fifties, Sixties, Seventies, and Eighties share their eyewitness accounts of working at the top during the innovative mid-Twentieth Century, revealing the treasures of their exceptional experiences from unique insider perspectives.
- In addition to recording the detailed perspectives of the models, photographers, creative artists etc., these interviews typically get at “the story underneath the story,” the intricacies of decision-making, the personal rivalries and alliances within the creative teams.
FASHION AND BEAUTY ICONS OF THE 1980s
FASHION AND BEAUTY ICONS OF THE 1990s
WHO IS TELLING THE STORIES?
- A revolving cast of fashionable Models, Photographers, Archivists, Beauty Artists, Editors, Agents, Authors, and Art Directors narrates the production, shot in a talk show format, with documentary aspects and multimedia displays, including the music of the eras.
- Each episode highlights a different aspect of the History of Fashion and Beauty, which is reflected in the fashionable sets. Historical events, current music, and other relevant topics are touched upon, as fascinating Narrators bring the history of Fashion and Beauty to life.
THE INTERVIEWS – Oral Histories
These interviews certainly add to our store of knowledge, particularly illuminating the relationship of the Narrator to iconic Fashion and Beauty creations and major trends. Their Oral Histories eloquently portray the dynamic careers of outstanding individuals, accompanied by brilliant images, footage, and collages.
Brimming with information about the various strategies used to take their place in history, the Narrators articulate the shifts in the power dynamics between the models, the agencies, the designers, the photographers, and the clients throughout the eras. Every interview opens new doors of rare information.
Recounting the experiences, they reveal the treasures of their exceptional experiences as articulate, interested, and intelligent top models who, for a moment or for a lifetime, participated in something rare, creative, and magnificent.
Most interviews focus on definite topics like participation in a specific historically significant photo-shoot or fashion show. Historians, specializing in fashion and beauty history, formulate the well-researched questions. All Narrators (Special Guest/Interviewees) are asked to comment on the careers of other noteworthy individuals. All questions are sent to the Narrator (Interviewee/Guest) beforehand.
Whether they contributed as a model or other industry professional, our Narrators (Special Guests/Interviewees) are understood as purposeful actors in the past and present history of Fashion and Beauty, talking about their lives in ways that illuminate and expand upon preexisting categories of analysis.
This is a living and growing library of priceless Oral History – iconic photographs and film clips used with permission.
“It is not difficult to understand how, in interview after interview, oral history opens up new views of the past. In an interview, the voice of the narrator literally contends with that of the historian for control of the story. For oral history interviews are often quite simply good stories. Like literature, their specificity, their deeply personal, often emotionally resonant accounts of individual experience draw listeners–or readers–in, creating interest and sympathy. Edited carefully they can open the listener to a life very different from his or her own in a non-threatening way.” HISTORYMATTERS http://historymatters.gmu.edu/mse/oral/interpret.html
www,SupermodelSecret.com Fashion and Beauty Icons website.
Before the airing, a website will be launched featuring the FAB ICON Hosts and Distinguished Guests. The current projects, products, charities and biographies of the participants, will be featured with links to their websites if so desired. The website will be an ever-expanding archive of fashion and beauty images with stories.